Thursday, July 31, 2008

New Content Coming Soon!

Everything is currently working as intended, it's just a pain to start a long update. Tomorrow is the last 'regular' test and we have our final next week in addition to presentations on our field trips. You will get your very own presentation here. Eventually. I promise* to update with stuff about Inner Mongolia and/or Pizza Hut in the next 24 hours. In the meantime, a whole new photo album has been added that is linked to the right, and I have slowly been adding videos too.

Here is one picture. It cost me 5 kuai and is poorly lit, so I suggest trying to squeeze every possible drop of enjoyment out of it you can.
If you look at the other pictures surrounding it, you will see that people carry these up thousands of meters just to supply the stands at the top with bottles of water for tourists. They make $3 per trip and do 2 per day. Now all the ditch diggers reading this can feel grateful. If you look at another picture you can see the underside of their knees. In one hour watching videos and playing games at work I make more than these guys make in a day, and I have a low-level part-time student job. I also don't think they have ever heard 'union' or 'health insurance' anywhere but in dreams.

Finally, I got yet another massage and it was the best one yet. The soccer tickets I have are for US vs. Japan and US vs. Netherlands. If you are feeling motivated on Sunday August 10th at ~6:45 AM CDT you can get out of bed and turn on one of NBC's Olympic channels and watch us get thrashed by the Dutch. I am probably going to Kunming for a few days with a classmate after the program ends, then back to Tianjin the 16th and America the 18th.

*Probably. But tomorrow is Friday.

No comments: