Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cravings...

Have set in again. Last week was our break and I should have a post all about it up tomorrow. I’ll also try to fill in basically what has happened this month. Unlike with regular procrastinating, the clock keeps ticking and things keep accumulating so it helps even less. But I just wanted to share what may be the worst part about China.

There is no good food.

The food gets really repetitive at about the 2-month mark. This is even after eating imported Goldfish, McDonald’s, and sort-of Westernized tourist food. If I were on a straight Chinese diet I’d probably get sick of it within weeks.

So in class I composed a list of things I am going to eat when I get back.
Nikki special (Ultra-greasy cheeseburger with gyros meat as well)
Italian sausage/beef combo with peppers
Skillet with peppers, onions, bacon, cheese
Five Guys double cheeseburger with mushrooms grilled onions and BBQ sauce
Steak at Pete Miller’s
Panera Bread French Onion soup and Italian Combo sandwich
Pizza di Roma
Lucky Charms
Brats
Chipotle Barbacoa Burrito with Chips and salsa/guacamole
McDonald’s Chicken Selects
Taco Bell Grilled Stuft Burrito with steak and a Baja Chalupa both with Taco Bell hot sauce
A massive salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing and cold fresh carrots, cucumbers, olives, sprouts
Caprese salad
Mountain Dew
New Glarus

I miss them, very dearly.

No comments: