Sunday, August 10, 2008

Speaking of time...

In the last post I wrote that I was packing up my laptop. The reason for this was that I was supposed to drop it off along with my suitcase at her aunt's apartment at 1:00 PM local time. I had confirmed this with Shino, and she had said several times that her aunt would "wait for me" at "around" 1 o'clock. Well I got there at 1:10 and she apparently was simply not there. I knocked several times, then texted and called Shino. Her aunt was, in fact, just not there. Now I am very thankful that they are holding my bag for a week, especially given how small their apartment is and how I basically imposed on her, and there is no way I'm going to come even close to complaining. But all times are not equal, and there is a reason for this afternoon over this evening, namely that I have a soccer match I would like to attend. I am sure she didn't know this, and she was probably doing something important, but it is a tad annoying. Perhaps there was a breakdown in communication somewhere along the line, whatever. At least I know what my mom has been through for the past 20 years.

It's not a huge deal as I should still be able to see the Americans get their asses handed to them by the Dutch in a few hours.

No comments: